How do I contest age-related employment discrimination?

If you believe that your employer has discriminated against you because of your age, it is important that you first try to refute any age-related stereotypes. Take additional classes. Update your knowledge. Stay relevant. Make sure that you are able to perform your job well. If the discrimination, or retaliation, or harassment continues, then you should file a formal complaint using your employer’s grievance procedure, or if there’s not a formal grievance procedure, you can just go to your supervisor and your HR. It is important that you put your employer on notice and give them an opportunity to remedy the situation. If your employer fails to remedy the situation, then the next best option is to go to the EEOC and file a charge of discrimination with the EEOC, which is a prerequisite to bringing a lawsuit for age discrimination.